Welcome!

So much of life is waiting. . .

As a Christian, I am waiting for a lot--for God to do His refining work in me, for Jesus to return, for me to GET how much God loves me and for me to see what He is doing . . .

What to do in the meantime? I have learned much about what the Lord is trying to teach me, tell me and show me through the discipline of daily time spent reading the Bible. So often we make this time harder than it has to be.

This blog was born out of wanting to share what God is showing me and wanting to be an example that daily time with God is not a deep or mysterious thing (well, every once in a while it can be), but simply a time to read scripture and note what jumps out at you that day. We don't have to be scholars or super-holy or ministry leaders to do this. Some days I hit the jackpot and others I come up empty--but only by persevering do I give God the space in which to speak and myself the stillness in which to hear and obey.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Am I Awed?

Today's account in Luke told of Jesus first forgiving the paralytic whose friends lowered him through the roof, and then, when the Pharisees objected, healing that same man to show God's power. What struck me today were the verses at the end of the story (Luke 5:26):
And amazement seized them all, and they glorified God and were filled with awe, saying, "We have seen extraordinary things today.

When was the last time that I was seized by amazement at God's power? How long since I have been filled with awe at seeing His hand move? What was the last occasion that I told someone of the extraordinary things that the Lord has done? I haven't personally seen a lame man walk, yet just a few weeks ago, I read testimony of the miraculous healing of a little baby from a mass in his lung that just disappeared (here is the link to the blog: Our Journey of Love: Another EXTRAordinary Miracle). Why was I not filled with awe? Is it too removed? Am I too much living in an age of skepticism? I have seen with my own eyes people pray to receive Christ, and seen the changes that have occurred. In rare instances, I have a glimpse of the amazing work that the Lord has done in me. . . Why do I not shout that from the rooftops?

This morning my first prayer was that God would open my eyes to the miraculous things that He is doing all around me and within me. My second was that I would be filled with amazement and awe, and that I would share with others these extraordinary things--that I would be so overflowing with excitement and awe that I could not keep silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment